Due Process effective from 06.00 PM of March 24
Approval of Moving Purpose
Movement is only allowed for justified purpose as per the latest government measures (refer to previous newspiece), and represents strictly necessary transit. Persons in transit must at all times carry their ID documents along with a movement purpose certificate (printed or handwritten) in either:
- Form A Worker Registration Certificate; or
- Form B Exceptional Citizen Movement Statement (either in the format of the form provided or an SMS confirmation as below).
(forms attached here below both in Greek and English)
Form A must be signed by the employer or by the worker themselves if they are a freelance professional or self-employed.
Form B regards all other movement; it must be signed by the person transiting themselves and completed separately for each separate trip. Such form contains the name, date of birth, no. of ID or passport, address of residence, time of travel of the citizen, and the specific purpose of the journey.
Instructions for Sending SMS
As stated above, instead of filling in Form B for each transit trip, one may send an SMS to the free number 8998.
The SMS must have the following format:
X blank ID or passport number blank home postcode
X represents the number corresponding each purpose of movement (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) as described below:
- Go to a pharmacy or blood donation or visit a doctor
- Go to a store to purchase or supply essential goods/services
- Transfer to a bank, since no electronic transaction is possible
- Absolutely necessary visits to government agencies or services of the wider public sector and local government
- Transit to assist people who are unable to cater for themselves or who need to protection or are in self-isolation and/or quarantine
- Moving for physical activity or for the needs of a pet, provided they do not exceed two persons and are confined to areas adjacent to a person’s home
- Go to ceremony (e.g. funeral, marriage, christening) not exceeding 10 persons (only first and second degree relatives)
- Declaration of any other purpose of movement which may be justified by the prohibition measures.
Sending the message, citizens will have the right to travel for a specific period of time depending on the purpose of the journey. Currently, the time is set at 3 hours maximum for all the above purposes.
After sending the SMS the reply will be received in the following format:
OK blank X blank ID or Passport number blank Home Postcode blank Travel License Expiry Time
The police shall be checking both the confirmation SMSvand the traveler's identification documents.
Form A Confirmation for employee movement_GR
Form B Exceptional Citizen Movement Statement_GR
Form A Confirmation for employee movement_EN
Form B Exceptional Citizen Movement Statement_EN