From 4 May, 2020 gradual lift of confinement begins.
The Cypriot Cabinet of Ministers has decided on 29.04.2020 that the quarantine measures imposed shall be lifted in two phases (A and B) beginning on the 4th of May and 21st of May respectively.
The lift of the measures is conditional to the strict abidance by relevant safety, hygiene and health protocols as well as the epidemiological indicators.
- The manufacturing sector and in all related business activities which support this sector are freed from restrictions.
- All retailers, except for malls and big department stores, may re open.
- Flea markets, street vendors and bazaars can open for business.
- Tourist offices and tourist agents may reopen.
- The entire wider Public Sector will be fully operational, with the return of all the employees (except the ones pertaining to vulnerable groups and parents of children below 15 years of age until the reopening of schools) at their work.
- The Courts may re-convene according to Supreme Court instructions.
- All senior students due to graduate from secondary education (public or private) shall return to school on the 11th of May.
- Restrictions in the operation of public and private hospitals will be partially according to instructions of the Ministry of Health.
- Dental centers shall resume operation.
- The number of permitted movements within a day by sending SMS increase to three (3). Ban on movement remains in place from 10.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m.
- The exercise of religion will be permitted in churches, mosques and other places of worship, provided that there are no more than 10 persons present. The decree on weddings, christenings and funerals remains in force.
- Personal exercise is permitted (jogging, swimming in the sea, bicycling etc.) outdoors, walkways in parks, in groups of maximum 2 persons (excluding children). Parks and other open spaces, will remain closed.
- The use of open space athletic installations will be open to high performance athletes who are included in the records of the Cyprus Olympic Committee.
- Training of team sports shall be permitted as of the 18th of May in open spaces without the use of changing rooms, gyms etc.
As of the 21st of May
- All restrictions of the movement of citizens are lifted.
- Visit to parks, open space playgrounds, squares, marinas etc. will be permitted, provided no more than 10 persons are gathered at any time.
- Catering business will resume operation only outdoors.
- Hairdressing salons, barber shops and beauty centers will resume operation.
As of the 1st of June
- Operation and access to organised beaches will be permitted.
- Ports will begin full operation, excluding the disembarkation of passengers from cruise ships.
- Public libraries, museums, archaeological, and historical sites will reopen.
- Betting shops will resume business.
- Church services and other forms of religious worship in churches, mosques and other places of worship shall be permitted, so will weddings, christenings, and funerals.
The gradual repatriation plan for students and other Cypriot citizens who were stranded overseas as a result of the measures taken, is also continuously being implemented.